Even if you are travelling for the first time to a place you have never been before, be rest assured that you can have a very smooth journey. All you need is to be well equipped and have a positive attitude towards your journey. Are you relocating from one state to the other? Or are you travelling to another state to further your education? Whatever reasons you have to travel, getting prepared physically and mentally will ensure you have a flawless journey.
So how can you have a seamless and fun filled travel experience?
You must have an idea of the duration of your trip. This will help you to know what and what not to pack. There is nothing as draining as dragging a heavy luggage around in an unknown city. Pack the essentials such as your clothing, under wears, toothbrush, etc. Try not to pack heavy jackets if your travel is during summer. Try to also avoid packing a lot of snacks. You are travelling to a new city and it is ideal to try their local cuisine. Be adventurous and immerse yourself in the local delicacies of your new environment.
- Always carry your passport with you and never put all your cash in a single place
There are bad people everywhere so you have to be careful about your personal belongings. Keep your passport safe and with you at all times. It is not advisable to carry all your cash with you when moving around. Keep some cash in your suitcase at the hotel so in case you are robbed on your way, you still have some cash to fall back on.
- Carry enough foreign currencies
Having enough local cash with you makes your movement easy. You won’t have to go looking for ATM at every turn in the city. When it comes to carrying cash, ensure you have both coins and notes with you. Do not forget to hold your international debit card or credit cards either.
Above all, do not be afraid to mingle. One of the reasons you travel is to see new places and meet new people. So mix freely with other tourists and locals. You can learn a lot from them.
Many people think that they will have to spend a fortune to stay at a good hotel. That is not entirely the case. With some legwork, you can get to score affordable deals from cheap hotels in Phuket. Best of all, it can be a nice bed and breakfast, or it can be a motel or hotel with cheap accommodation packages. Yes, it is no big deal to find cheap hotels in Phuket.
Here are some tips that can help you in trimming the costs and find cheap hotels without breaking your bank:
- All individuals don’t have the same expectations from an accommodation. Some people wish to live in a nice hotel where they can relax and get everything served without moving a muscle. There are other people who merely consider an accommodation a place where they can come and sleep. What kind of person you are? You need to know what you expect from the place where you want to stay. That will form the basis of your search for a cheap hotel.
- Once you are clear about the kind of hotel you want, you can start searching online. It is one feasible option to book a place where you want to stay. Cheap hotels in Phuket can provide you good rates for the kind of accommodation you need. It can be a standard package which will come under the affordability range of many people. The more amenities you add in the package, the more costly it is going to get. So, it is recommended to choose the standard package when you are on a low budget.
- If you want to save as much on accommodation as possible, you can even book hotel rooms for limited hours instead of choosing a week’s package. Sometimes, you don’t even get to use the place for a day but still you have to pay for the room. So, hourly packages can save you a lot of money. Many cheap hotels in Phuket are facilitating this.
- Sometimes, even the cheapest hotel does not seem to fall into your budget. In that case, before you switch towards another kind of accommodation, see if any of the cheap hotels in Phuket are providing some discount deals or promotional packages. That is one way to save money unexpectedly. You can always call in the manager to inquire about the discounts or promotional deals because before booking a room for yourself.
You can also book a reservation through your travel package. This will be a package that will combine your airfare, your car rentals and your hotel package. It can save you a lot of money. Explore the list of cheap hotels in Phuket before you take any step. You can also ask any friend who has already been to Phuket and found a cheap hotel to stay in. Don’t always approach the 4-star or 5-star hotels to stay in, you must look for the standard hotels that can provide you the standard packages.
Source: Andy Traveler digital nomad blog